Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

You've GOT MAIL!

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!
(WAIT...I MEAN....WE'VE GOT MAIL!)
What do the History Channel and a man named Draco from Switzerland have in common?  Two really important things:              
 1.   They both send us mail.
2.  They are both awesome.

Not only is the History Channel flying me to Nashville to judge their most awesome PICK and TELL contest, but they also sent my students mail.  Yeah, that's right every student in my class got a gift from the History Channel (and they even gave me a CIVIL WAR teaching kit....that is a double score!).  So here is one SUPER-MEGA-TRON THANK YOU from ONE MAGIC CLASSROOM!   


History Channel = Happiness


MAIL FROM SWITZERLAND:
DRACO STYLE!
This is for you Draco Szathmary.  Since starting our blog only a few short months ago, we now have readers from over 30 countries, that's right 30!  And we're not stopping there.  We are dedicated to spreading happiness around the world, and we really love when people read and respond to our blog.  Draco has not only commented on almost all of our blog posts, but he has also sent us mail on several different occasions.  So here is another big thank you, for reminding my students that what they are doing is important and to YOU for taking the time to write us (p.s. tell your mom I said hi).  

REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR YOU DRACO


The great thing about kids, is if you put a camera in front of their face, they'll turn boring into magical in about 2.3 seconds.  

Colton insisted on making the "chipmunk" face.  So there you have it (and yeah this totally cracks your teacher up Colton, especially since the postcard is upside down).

Even though e-mails are convenient, real mail is twenty million times more special and exciting.  A hand written letter is a simple reminder of how wonderful it is to be YOU.  For after all, you have your own unique handwriting, and your own special way of picking out just the right card. 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."
-Joseph Campbell





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

    How did you know I like chipmunks?

    You guys are very welcome for the cards. The cows are on their way with other friends and fun facts about Switzerland. I will get to work on the chocolate.

    Response to your video questions:

    I'll likely be over at some point can't say for sure, but anything is possible! As for my favourite cheese...that easy goats cheese WINS hands down. Favourite dishes would be Chevre Chaud or Hot Goat Cheese salad or a Goat Cheese with bacon burger YUMMY extra Goat Cheese PLEASE!!! Makes me hungry just writing about it :D

    As for pancakes, which here in German (pfankuchen) refers to doughnuts not the same as your pancakes. I once love pancakes, but then I discovered crepes and Belgium waffles since then I have never looked back. Particularly with strawberries and chocolate on them... so good.

    And I can assure you that I'm not the bad guy from Harry Potter. Every year at the start of the school year my new group of students says the same thing. Some attempted to call me Malfoy, I put a stop to that fast. A common game we play is that if I mix up their names they get to call me Malfoy for the rest of the day, which drives me nuts. I learn their names fast that way, but still slip up.

    THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE WONDERFUL POST One Magic Classroom!!!!

    That made my day,

    Draco

    ReplyDelete