Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

I LOVE YOU MOM!

I LOVE YOU MOM!
"Your heart is as big as mine."
-Max
What mother doesn't love getting a homemade card from their child on Mother's Day (especially when you are wearing glasses that were won at the Reading Carnival)?.



I love the spontaneous creativity that occurs when you give kids a green piece of paper and a box of foam cut-outs to choose from.  Ben decided to make the foam cut-out into a bracelet and label it "Free Gift", which is awesome because it reminds me of a cereal box advertisement.  These kids are natural marketers.  So watch out fellow greeting card companies, cause you've got some stiff competition coming your way from the kids in One Magic Classroom.  Take note of the little picture frames that I found in the "free pile" at work.  They were once wedding announcement frames that obviously someone didn't need any more.  So instead of ending up in the garbage dump somewhere, we repurposed them into Mother's Day frames.  So here's an extra shout out to Mother Earth on Mother's Day.  We love you too!



I love you because....
Here's a little video montage of some reasons why my students love their mothers.  Didn't get to record all of them though because MOTHER NATURE got in the way (that's okay, we forgive you).


I LOVE MY MOM!
This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't give a shout out to my own mother.  She pretty much rocks all the time, and if you don't smile while looking at this picture, you might need to do a happy dance or something to fix that.  My mother Nora has taught me not to care about what other people think about you.  Take for example the other day while I was eating dinner at her house with a few of my friends and she decided to dance around in fairy wings to make us smile (my guess is most mothers don't do that kind of stuff).  It occurred to me during her "fairy spin" that I really do have a one of a kind mother, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'll never really be able to thank her for all she has done, but that's okay because she loves her kids more than anything.  So here it goes mom, I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment